Tuesday 15 March 2011

Research for the Supporting Pieces

After looking at real media examples at adverts for my billboard bus stop and magazine adverts, I have noticed a difference in each of them.

Magazine Adverts



Magazine adverts tend to be more detailed than those seen on billboards. This means that I need to make sure that my magazine advert contains the most information as readers will have more time to take it all in, something they would be unable to do passing by a bus stop or billboard advert.

Bus Stop Adverts



Bus stop adverts tend to have varying amounts of information on them. Although some have quite a lot of word on them, as seen in the above pictures, some have barely any writing. Despite this, they are still less detailed than magazine adverts. I thought that the most effective bus stop adverts that I saw during my research were those that had less writing and detail on them. For this reason I'm going to keep the information and detail on my bus stop advert limited.

Billboard Adverts



Billboard adverts have hardly any writing on them. Generally, one of the main focuses seems to be the channel on which the documentary will play. These adverts consist of big pictures with limited text and for this reason, I will use a limited amount of text with big pictures. Any text I do use will be large so that it is clear and noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment