Friday 17 September 2010

Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?

This is the first 10 minutes of the documentary 'Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?' presented by Morgan Spurlock. It is a documentary film about Spurlock's search for Bin Laden as he explores relations between America and Israel.



I thought that this was a good documentary as it automatically engages the viewer. There are a range of effects and different technologies that are interesting as well as informative. I think that the participatory style of the documentary is also engaging for the viewer and is a useful way to make a serious topic more appealing to the audience. The music also gives this documentary an upbeat mood however in parts I think that it takes some of the importance away from the topic of American and Israelian relations as well as the seriousness of the dangers Spurlock may face.

Ideas for my documentary:
- Seeing this has definitely made me want to do a participatory documentary as I feel this will be more engaging for the viewer.
- The range of technologies and styles of camera work and effects have made me want to use more of a variety of technologies as I feel that this again engages the audience.
- I would like to use a serious topic that we can make more interesting with the above techniques however I want to keep the topic more serious than Spurlock does in 'Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?'

No comments:

Post a Comment